Hello! My name is Beverly Hayes. I’m an English <> Spanish Translator specializing in the translation of written documents, localization of business websites, and transcreation for highly creative material (e.g. banners, slogans, TV advertising) with an emphasis in the social, skincare/beauty, supplements, education, business & marketing industries.
My services are geared to help:
- Business owners wanting to expand their target market and increase website traffic. Successful foreign relations start with the translation of your business website, brochures, and manuals. Whether you’re catering to Latinos in the U.S and/or in Latin America, it’s a smart marketing decision to offer a localized website to promote your products/services in the Spanish language.
- U.S. residents in need of certified translations in English & Spanish for any legal or government body in the U.S. or abroad that requires them.
- U.S. institutions currently serving a large Latino audience (such as medical centers, school districts, adoption agencies, government agencies, etc.) that are looking to connect and serve their current and future Latino customer base more effectively.
I was born and raised in Puerto Rico, many times referred to as the “island of enchantment.”
After attending my freshman year of college at the University of Puerto Rico, I moved to the United States to attend Brigham Young University in Provo, Utah, where I obtained a Bachelor’s degree in Clinical Laboratory Science. A few years later I met and married Gene Hayes, a wonderful guy, and businessman from Oaxaca, Mexico, after which I worked on-call for over ten years in the Clinical Laboratory field, trying to be a stay-at-home mom most of the time. But as my children grew older, and knowing that the career I chose years ago was not something that I enjoyed, I decided to follow my heart and go back to school!
In December of 2015, I graduated from New Mexico State University with a Masters’s degree in Spanish Linguistics. Courses such as History of the Spanish Language, Spanish Advanced Phonetics, Spanish Morphosyntax, Bilingualism, Spanish among Heritage Language Learners, and Spanish Translation, among others, helped me strengthen my strong speaking and writing skills in the Spanish Language. This attained knowledge was exactly what I needed to take my lifelong experience speaking Spanish into a whole new level.
Besides running my own translation business and being a full-time mom to five amazing children, I work for USANA Health Sciences as a Spanish Translation Specialist and teach online courses for BYU-Pathway Worldwide. Yes, I stay extremely busy, but that’s just how I like it!
When you work with me, you can expect the very best of my translation abilities while keeping it real and honest as I go. I couldn’t do it any other way! Whether you need a translation of a single document or a website translated and localized, I’m here to discuss your needs and together come up with a translation plan. For more details on what to expect through the Spanish translation process click here.
As a language consultant, my goals are to:
- Bring back the correctness and attention to detail that’s been lost through the use of machine translation software, or through hiring someone who’s not experienced enough for the task.
- Be more than just a great translator and writer; I want to provide you with cultural and background expertise and be in tune with your company’s vision.
- Learn about your business in order to achieve what you want to accomplish as your marketing goal. To learn more about the Spanish translation process click here.
Something important that I learned through my own Master’s studies is that the ability to translate well takes practice. Although many bilinguals can be good at translating, bilingualism does not automatically equip someone to translate correctly. I’ve seen my share of poorly executed translations done by bilinguals who simply aren’t good writers. Luckily for you, that’s not my case. My upbringing as a native Spanish speaker, my college and job-related experiences, my developed writing skills, as well as my relationships through the years with many U.S. Latinos from around the world, are a unique blend of experiences that continue to strengthen my translation skills. I’m very capable of delivering a quality product that’ll speak positively of your business and will make you proud.
So, how about working together? Are you ready to take your business to the next level? If you are, click here.
Looking forward to hearing from you!